Special Issue "Low Power AI"
A special issue of Journal of Low Power Electronics and Applications (ISSN 2079-9268).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (1 June 2022) | Viewed by 11216
As artificial intelligence (AI) continues to proliferate into new domains such as IoT, mobile devices, autonomous self-driving cars, mobile devices, drones, etc., one of the obstacles for the deployment of AI algorithms is the power consumption. The primary focus of this special issue is on the exploration of power management, energy efficient techniques and architectures for cognitive computing and machine learning.
Authors are invited to submit regular papers following the JLPEA submission guidelines, within the remit of this Special Issue call. Topics include but are not limited to
- Low power design at device/circuit level for machine learning
- Architectures for the edge: IoT, automotive, and mobile
- Approximation, quantization reduced precision computing
- Neural network pruning, tuning and automatic architecture search
- Hardware/software co-design techniques for low power
- Neural network architectures for resource constrained devices
- Novel memory architectures for machine learning
- Communication/computation scheduling for better performance and energy
- Load balancing and efficient task distribution techniques
- Exploring the balance between precision, performance, power and energy
- Exploration of new and efficient applications for machine learning
- Energy efficient on-device learning techniques
Dr. Weidong Kuang
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Journal of Low Power Electronics and Applications is an international peer-reviewed open access quarterly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1600 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.