Special Issue "Security and Privacy in Information and Communication Systems"
A special issue of Future Internet (ISSN 1999-5903).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 May 2019
Our increasing interconnectivity with the Internet relies on the security of the ICT infrastructures. These infrastructures are a rich source of data (both financial and confidential) and can be subject to criminal exploitation and abuse. Recent security breaches show that security and privacy protection remain ongoing research topics. It is not an exaggeration to overstate the importance of security, privacy, and risk management to individuals, organizations, and governments. However, it is clear that many challenges, with the new technology advancement, remain unaddressed, such as IoT, Cloud Computing, CPS, Edge/Fog, Mobile Computing, Blockchain. Also important, in the context of privacy and security, is the interface between humans and technology.
This Special Issue encourages the submission of manuscripts that present research frameworks, methods, methodologies, theory developments and validations, case studies, simulation results and analyses, technological architectures, infrastructure issues in design, and implementation and maintenance of secure and privacy-preserving initiatives.
This Special Issue focuses on the practical aspects of security and privacy in ICT and aims to capture the latest advances in this research field. The scope of this Special Issue encompasses the security, privacy, and digital forensics of mobile systems, Big Data, IoT, CPS, mobile networks, and mobile cloud. Original and unpublished contributions on novel attacks, defences, and security applications in computing are solicited.
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to) the following subject categories:
- Security and Privacy in Wired, Wireless, Mobile, Hybrid, Sensor, Ad Hoc networks
- Communication Privacy and Anonymity
- Secure architectures for converged communication network
- 5G technologies, applications, and services for the Internet of Things
- Access and Usage Control
- Risk and Reputation Management
- Security and Privacy in Cloud and Pervasive Computing
- Authentication, Privacy, and Security Models
- Security Architecture and Design Analysis
- Security Awareness and Education
- Security Frameworks, Architectures, and Protocols
- Security Testing
- Software Security Assurance
- Threat Awareness
- Vulnerability Analysis and Countermeasures
- Information Hiding and Anonymity
- Web Applications and Services
- Biometric Technologies and Applications
- Content Protection and Digital Rights Management
- Cryptographic Algorithms
- Data and Software Security
- Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery
- Database Security
- Identity and Trust Management
- Trusted Computing
- Intrusion Detection and Response
- Legal and Regulatory Issues
- Malware Detection
- Mobile Systems Security
- Privacy Metrics and Control
- Privacy, Security, and Trust in Social Media
Dr. Ammar Alazab
Dr. Johnson Agbinya
Dr. Mamoun Alazab
Dr. Ameer Al-Nemrat
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Future Internet is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- digital forensics of mobile systems
- Big Data
- mobile networks
- mobile cloud