Special Issue "Fractional-Order System: Control Theory and Applications"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 July 2022) | Viewed by 4039
Interests: state estimation; interval observer; robust control; output feedback; positive fractional-order systems
Interests: stability and stabilization of fractional order systems; sliding mode control; nonlinear observers; contraction analysis
Interests: fractional differential equations; fractional variational problems; applications of fractional calculus in image processing; computational methods
In the last two decades, fractional differential equations have been used more frequently in physics, signal processing, fluid mechanics, viscoelasticity, mathematical biology, electrochemistry, and many other fields, opening a new and more realistic way to capture memory-dependent phenomena and irregularities inside systems using more sophisticated mathematical analysis.
As a result of the growing applications, the study of stability of fractional differential equations has attracted much attention. Furthermore, in recent years, an increasing amount of attention has been given to fractional-order controllers. Some of these applications include optimal control, CRONE controllers, fractional PID controllers, lead-lag compensators, and sliding mode control.
The focus of this Special Issue is to continue to advance research on topics relating to fractional-order control theory and its applications to practical systems modeled using fractional-order differential equations such as design, implementation, and application of fractional-order control to electrical circuits and systems, mechanical systems, chemical systems, biological systems, finance systems, etc.
Topics that are invited for submission include (but are not limited to):
- Fractional-order control theory for fractional-order systems;
- Fractional-order control theory for integer-order systems
- Lyapunov-based stability and stabilization of fractional-order systems;
- Feedback linearization-based controller and observer design for fractional-order systems;
- Digital implementation of fractional-order control;
- Sliding mode control of fractional-order systems;
- Finite, fixed, and predefined-time stability and stabilization of fractional-order systems;
- Interval observer and set-membership design for fractional-order systems;
- High-gain based observers and differentiator design for fractional-order systems;
- Event-based control of fractional-order systems;
- Incremental stability of fractional-order systems;
- Control of non-minimum phase systems using fractional-order theory;
- New physical interpretation of fractional-order operators and their relationship to control design;
- Design and development of efficient battery management and state of heath estimation using fractional-order calculus;
- Applications of fractional-order control to electrical, mechanical, chemical, finance, and biological systems;
- Verification and reachability analysis of fractional-order differential equations.
Dr. Thach Ngoc Dinh
Dr. Shyam Kamal
Dr. Rajesh Kumar Pandey
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Fractal and Fractional is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1800 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Fractional-order control theory
- Fractional-order controllers, observers, and differentiator design
- Event-based control of fractional-order systems
- Lyapunov analysis of fractional-order differential equations
- Fractional differential equations
- Fractional variational problems and fractional control problems
- Analytical and computational methods for fractional-order systems