About Fractal and Fractional
Fractal and Fractional (ISSN 2504-3110) is an online, peer-reviewed and open access journal, which provides an advanced forum for studies related to fractals and fractional calculus and their applications in different fields of science and engineering; publishing reviews, regular research papers and short notes.
Our aim is to encourage scientists to publish their experimental and theoretical results in as much detail as possible. There is no restriction on the length of the papers as details of the experiment and any calculations must be provided so that the results can be reproduced. Fractal and Fractional additionally offers the following two unique features:
- Manuscripts regarding research proposals and research ideas are particularly welcome.
- Electronic files containing details of calculations and experimental procedures can be deposited as supplementary material.
The main subject areas of Fractal and Fractional include: innovative methods and algorithms, theoretical methods and applications related to fractals and to fractional operators. Some common subjects or application areas include:
- Fractal and Fractional Problems in Mathematics
- general mathematics
- analysis of PDEs
- differential geometry
- classical analysis and ODEs
- fractional-order differential and integral equations
- dynamical systems, bifurcation and chaos
- functional analysis
- mathematical analysis
- complex analysis
- mathematical physics
- number theory
- numerical analysis
- probability and stochastic analysis
- quantum algebra
- statistics, data analysis and time series analysis
- operators theory, integral and differential operators, integral transforms
- mathematical finance
- Fractal and Fractional Problems in Computer Science
- information theory
- optimization and control theory
- image analysis
- Fractal and Fractional Problems in Physics
- classical mechanics
- quantum mechanics
- nuclear physics
- micro and nano-mechanics
- fluidics and nano-fluidics
- linear and nonlinear wave propagation
- nonlinear problems
- Fractal and Fractional Problems in Chemistry
- chemistry of fractal structures and processes
- fractals in chemistry
- fractional calculus in chemistry and chemical reactions
- Fractal and Fractional Problems in Engineering Applications
- fractional and fractal signals
- fractional and fractal dynamics in engineering mechanics
- fractional and fractal dynamics in chemical systems
- complex fractional dynamics in engineering
- Fractal and Fractional Problems in Biology and Life Science
- fractional and fractal dynamics in chemical and biological systems
- fractional biological dynamics and biophysics
- Fractal and Fractional Problems in Business and Economics
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
Fractal Fract is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use iThenticate to check submissions against previous publications. MDPI works with Publons to provide reviewers with credit for their work.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Fractal Fract will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The copyright is retained by the author(s). MDPI will insert the following note at the end of the published text:
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free in the News & Announcements section of the journal. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is . For further MDPI contacts, see here.
Announcement and Advertisement
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free in the News & Announcements section of the journal. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is .
For further MDPI contacts, see here.