Special Issue "Perspectives and Prospects of Computer Recognition and Machine Learning in Signal and Image Processing, Selected Papers from PRML 2022"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 December 2022 | Viewed by 137
Interests: machine learning; artificial intelligence; signal and image processing; medical information; automatic diagnosis
The 3rd International Conference on Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning (PRML 2022) will be held on July 15-17, 2022, in Chengdu, China. For more details, please visit the website for the event: http://www.prml.org/.
PRML is an annual conference that aims to present the latest research and achievements of scholars and experts in the field of pattern recognition and machine learning. The conference includes papers focused on application areas of biomedical engineering, computer vision, and the Internet of things.
Authors of selected papers from the conference will be invited to submit extended versions of their original papers and contributions under the conference topics, which should also add entropy and information theory methods to meet the journal's scope.
The scope includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Entropy and information theory;
- Machine learning architectures and formulations;
- Neural generative models, auto encoders, GANs;
- Features extraction and selection;
- Trends and relations recognition and analysis;
- Recognition (object detection, categorization) and representation learning, deep learning;
- Motion, tracking, and action and behavior recognition;
- Vision applications and systems, vision for robotics and autonomous vehicles;
- Biomedical signal and image processing;
- Bioinformatics for healthcare engineering;
- Explainable AI, fairness, accountability, privacy, transparency, and ethics in vision;
- Image retrieval, segmentation, grouping, and shape;
- Biometrics, face, gesture, body pose;
- AI chips and their implantation of machine learning and deep learning algorithms;
- Internet of things (IOT);
- Smart signal conditioning algorithms for IS;
- Applying machine-learning-powered sensing to industrial scenarios.
Dr. Dakun Lai
Prof. Dr. Qijun Zhao
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Entropy is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1800 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- computer recognition
- signal processing
- image processing
- machine learning
- healthcare engineering