Bone and Soft Tissue Oncology
A section of Current Oncology (ISSN 1718-7729).
Soft tissue and bone sarcomas are rare and aggressive tumors that suffer from limited evidence supporting therapeutic decision making in many clinical situations and for different subsets of patients.
This section aims to encourage the publication of preclinical and clinical data for evidence-based therapeutic algorithms.
Topics of interest for this section include, but are not limited to:
- Preclinical background supporting the design of innovative clinical trials;
- Retrospective and prospective case series reporting the natural history of very rare sarcomas;
- Retrospective and prospective case series reporting the activity and the efficacy of anticancer drugs in specific sarcoma histotypes, provided there is a huge effort in assessing histological diagnosis and treatment outcomes;
- Prospective clinical trials;
- Perspectives on debated topics of major clinical relevance, supported by in-depth analysis of the literature.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- New Frontiers in the Management of Retroperitoneal Soft Tissue Sarcoma (Deadline: 30 November 2022)
- Radiologic Approach to Soft Tissue Sarcomas (Deadline: 20 December 2022)
- What’s New in Musculoskeletal Oncology? (Deadline: 15 June 2023)
- Bone and Soft Tissue Tumors: Clinical Features, Imaging and Treatment (Deadline: 15 July 2023)