Special Issue "Marketing and Management of Wine and Consumer Choice"
A special issue of Beverages (ISSN 2306-5710).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (28 December 2018)
Following rapid growth in the early 2000s, global wine consumption has flatlined at around 240 million hectoliters per annum since 2009. However, the pedestrian aggregate growth masks differential performance at both the country and category level, as consumer tastes have evolved. The Special Issue presents a forum to showcase research that illuminates the challenges and opportunities faced by the wine industry in seeking to regain and broaden its position in the global alcoholic beverages market. The following examples are suggestions of where submissions could further knowledge of marketing and management practice as part of the wine industry’s growth objectives:
- Segmentation and differentiation of the wine category over time and in different geographic markets
- The impact of regulation and taxation on wine consumption
- Advertising opportunities and constraints, for example in labelling, sponsorship events and other consumer interface activities
- Managing marketing programmes in ‘old economy’ and ‘new economy’ distribution platforms and networks
- Inter and intra-industry collaboration, for example in distribution and supply-chain management
- Retail concentration and the significance of retail buyers in influencing consumer purchasing decisions
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Beverages is an international peer-reviewed open access quarterly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 350 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.