Atoms (ISSN 2218-2004) is an international and cross-disciplinary scholarly journal of scientific studies related to all aspects of the atom. It publishes reviews, regular research papers, and communications; there is no restriction on the length of the papers. Our aim is to encourage scientists to publish their experimental and theoretical research in as much detail as possible. Full experimental and/or methodical details must be provided for research articles. There are, in addition, unique features of this journal:
- manuscripts regarding research proposals and research ideas will be particularly welcomed.
- computed data, program listings, and files regarding the full details of the experimental procedure, if unable to be published in a normal way, can be deposited as supplementary material.
- experimental and theoretical atomic, molecular, and nuclear physics, chemical physics
- the study of atoms, molecules, nuclei and their interactions and constituents (protons, neutrons, and electrons)
- quantum theory, applications and foundations
- microparticles, clusters
- exotic systems (muons, quarks, anti-matter)
- atomic, molecular, and nuclear spectroscopy and collisions
- nuclear energy (fusion and fission), radioactive decay
- nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) and electron spin resonance (ESR), hyperfine interactions
- orbitals, valence and bonding behavior
- atomic and molecular properties (energy levels, radiative properties, magnetic moments, collisional data) and photon interactions
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
Atoms is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use CrossCheck (powered by iThenticate) to check submissions against previous publications.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Atoms will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License. MDPI will insert following note at the end of the published text:
Reprints may be ordered. Please contact email@example.com for more information on how to order reprints. Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Announcement and Advertisement
Reprints may be ordered. Please contact email@example.com for more information on how to order reprints.
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.