Special Issue "Metaheuristic Algorithms in Optimization and Applications (volume 2)"
A special issue of Algorithms (ISSN 1999-4893).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 April 2019
Dr. Quan-Ke Pan
Metaheuristic algorithms have attracted a great deal of attention in artificial intelligence, engineering design, data mining, planning and scheduling, logistics and supply chains, etc. This Special Issue focuses on the recent developments of metaheuristic algorithms and their diverse applications, as well as theoretical studies. Both combinatorial and continuous optimization problems are welcome.
We invite authors to contribute original research articles as well as review articles on recent advances in these active research areas. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Swarm intelligence such as Artificial Bee Colony, Ant Colony Optimization, Particle Swarm Optimization, and Virus Optimization Algorithm, etc.
- Nature-inspired metaheuristic algorithms such as Evolutionary Algorithm, Genetic Algorithm, etc.
- Neighborhood search algorithms such as Iterated Local Search, Simulated Annealing, Tabu Search, Variable Neighborhood Search, etc.
- New metaheuristic frameworks/approaches/operators
- Parallelization of metaheuristics
- Hybridized algorithms
- Empirical and theoretical research of metaheuristics
- High-impact applications of metaheuristics
- Challenging problems such as multi-objective, stochastic, or dynamic problems
- Automatic configuration of metaheuristics
Dr. Yun-Chia Liang
Dr. Mehmet Fatih Tasgetiren
Dr. Quan-Ke Pan
Dr. Angela Hsiang-Ling Chen
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Algorithms is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Evolutionary Algorithm
- Swarm Intelligence