Special Issue "Grid Integrated Electric Vehicles"
A special issue of World Electric Vehicle Journal (ISSN 2032-6653).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 October 2020).
Interests: electrification of transportation; electric vehicles; smart grid; renewable energy; battery management systems; protection of power system
Electric vehicles have become increasingly attractive due to their associated CO2 reduction and their environmental benefits. The transport sector is moving towards electric mobility and a green future, developing sustainable and efficient energy. Electric vehicle manufacturers have been continuously trying to introduce their latest electric vehicle generations to the smart grid. The large deployment of EVs and the integration of renewable energy resources into smart grids can lead to major issues for power system networks. This Special Issue explores the potential of electric vehicles to contribute to the transformation of transport; the required infrastructure for electric vehicle charging, addressing the major charging issues and providing future solutions and developments in the field of electric vehicle technology; economic concerns; energy efficiency; charging strategies; and public transportation. Prospective authors are invited to submit their articles with original contributions for review and possible publication in this Special Issue.
The topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Smart charging;
- Operation modes for the electric mobility (e.g., G2V, V2G, V2H, and V4G modes);
- Electric vehicles and the integration of renewable energy sources;
- Parking and space use (traffic and urban regulation);
- Billing and sale of energy (economic regulation);
- Power quality, reliability and security in smart grids;
- Demand response programs including electric mobility;
- Technologies for smart grids, smart homes, and smart cities as support of electric mobility;
- New topologies of power electronics converters for on-board and off-board chargers;
- Economic and environmental issues of electric mobility;
- Technologies of battery electric vehicles;
- Analysis of cost and emissions associated with electric mobility;
- New technologies of on-board energy storage systems for electric mobility;
- Options and issues for the electric mobility concerning end-of-life.
Dr. Sara Deilami
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. World Electric Vehicle Journal is an international peer-reviewed open access quarterly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 300 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.