Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Special Issue "High-Quality Education Equity for Promoting Educational Sustainable Development"
A special issue of Sustainability (ISSN 2071-1050). This special issue belongs to the section "Sustainable Education and Approaches".
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 September 2023 | Viewed by 4600
Special Issue Editors
Interests: educational equlity; education policy; China’s education development; educational governance
Interests: educational policy studies; high-qaulity education deevlopment; comparative education policy
Special Issue Information
The core tenet of sustainable education is high quality. With the rapid development of society, different countries have shaped different innovative educational concepts and practices with regard to promoting high-quality education development worldwide. As a social activity aimed at cultivating people in a purposeful, systematic and organized manner, education is faced with unprecedented sustainable development challenges. The basic solution to sustainable development is high-quality development. The traditional literature on sustainable development of education mainly discusses the reform of education from the perspective of quality itself, including the change in teacher quality and the extension of students' learning time. The biggest problem is that there is no focus on the sustainable quality of education; instead, this Special Issue is focused on the fair distribution of high-quality education.
We are interested in manuscripts that analyze and investigate high-quality education equity both from the theoretical and conceptual points of view, as well as from the quantitative and statistical viewpoint. We consider high-quality education equity for promoting sustainable educational development as a multidisciplinary issue in which various researchers are engaged. We encourage authors to submit their contributions focusing on the following themes to this Special Issue of Sustainability:
- Strategies for creating high-quality education equity for promoting sustainable educational development;
- New models or ideas of creating high-quality education equity development worldwide;
- The implicit or explicit macro-/micro-interactions between urban and rural areas, including the layout challenges of urban and rural areas, teacher development, or the allocation of educational resources;
- The educational poverty alleviation model or practice, and the mechanisms of education blocking by intergenerational poverty, to promote educational sustainable development;
- The improvement of weak schools to promote sustainable educational development;
- The educational quality assessment for creating high-quality education equity.
Regarding the above themes, we seek contributions from scholars and educational practitioners around the world on relevant topics, with new breakthroughs in thought, policy, theory and practice comprehensively and contextually.
Prof. Dr. Eryong Xue
Prof. Dr. Jian Li
Prof. Dr. Michael Peters
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Sustainability is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2200 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- high-quality education equity
- sustainable educational development
- sustainable rural education development
- coordinated development of urban and rural areas
- educational equity development
- sustainable educational promotion