Special Issue "International Symposium on Functional Biomass-Derived Carbon Materials (GreenCarbon 2020)"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 July 2021.
The primary aim of this Special Issue is to increase dissemination of the research activities conducted within the GreenCarbon European Training Network (project H2020-MSCA-ITN-721991), including the final conference held in Zaragoza (9-12th March 2021) and entitled International Symposium on Functional Biomass-Derived Carbon Materials (GreenCarbon 2020). The most relevant contributions from attendees to this event (from both inside and outside the framework of the abovementioned research project) are expected to be submitted.
The topics covered include but are not limited to:
- Production and characterization of biomass-derived carbons through thermochemical processes;
- Synthesis of biomass-derived porous carbons (and composites) and their application in adsorption, catalysis and electrochemical energy storage;
- Biomass-derived carbons for soil conditioning (biochar) and related environmental benefits;
- Other emerging applications of biomass-derived carbons (e.g., in direct carbon fuel cells, as reductants in metallurgical industry, in cementitious composites, carbon quantum dots, etc.).
We look forward to your submission.
Prof. Dr. Joan J. Manyà
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Sustainability is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1900 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- biomass-derived carbons
- thermochemical conversion of biomass
- activation and functionalization of carbons
- adsorption on porous carbons
- heterogeneous carbon-based catalysts
- electrochemical energy storage
- biochar for soil amendment and environmental benefits