Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Special Issue "Application of Time Series Analyses in Business"
A special issue of Sustainability (ISSN 2071-1050). This special issue belongs to the section "Economic, Business and Management Aspects of Sustainability".
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 May 2019).
Interests: auditing; business sustainability; corporate governance; data analytics; financial and managerial accounting; forensic accounting; professional ethics
The application of, and time series analyses in, business is currently at an early stage. This Special Issue of Sustainability is devoted to the publication of high-quality papers in time series analyses. This themed issue welcomes all views on the application of time series analyses in business with all types of papers (empirical, theoretical, and analytical) and case studies. Using time series models and analyses, millions of transactions can be searched to spot patterns and detect abnormalities and irregularities. The emergence of big data creates an opportunity to further investigate the application of time series models in business, accounting, and auditing using financial performance information and non-financial sustainability information on environmental, social, and governance performance. The ever-increasing business complexity, corporate governance reforms, risk management, and globalization, along with the growing demand for high-quality financial and non-financial information, necessitate the use of time series analyses to modernize the financial reporting and audit processes. Information and insight that once were not publicly available now extend far beyond traditional financial transactions and reports and expand into data from social media, e-mail, audio, video, and text files.
Submissions should be original work that investigate an aspect of time series and its application in business. The submitted manuscripts for this Special Issue are expected to address the following topics of interest, but they are not an exhaustive list:
- The relevance and use of time series analyses for big data and business analytics.
- How time series models can be efficiently and effectively applied in business, accounting, and auditing.
- Presentation of policy, practical, educational, and research implications of time series analyses.
- The use of time series analyses by businesses and management in their predictive models of managerial strategies, decisions, and actions.
- Integration of time series analyses into the curricula of business schools and accounting programs.
- The use of time series models and data analytics in the age of Big Data by businesses to enable them to make more informed strategic and operational decisions.
- The use of time series models to transform unstructured and semi-structured data into structured information in improving the quality of financial and non-financial information.
- Application of time series analyses in advancing business sustainability by presenting an example of the integrated big data and time series analyses into environmental, social and governance dimensions of business sustainability.
- The use of time series analyses in detecting patterns in unstructured data and generates testable research hypotheses in future business, accounting, and auditing research
- The application of time series in evaluating the feasibility, cost efficiency, and effectiveness of new rules, regulations, as well as accounting and auditing standards.
- The use of time series in data science algorithms to capture all relevant information for decision making.
Prof. Zabihollah Rezaee
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Sustainability is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1700 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Big data
- time series
- data analytics
- business analytics
- business sustainability
- financial information
- non-financial information