Special Issue "Wearable Sensors and Devices for Healthcare Applications"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 15 June 2019
With advances in signal processing, material science, electronic design, and computing power, numerous wearable sensors and devices have been developed over the past few decades. In healthcare, wearable technologies are witnessing increasing needs and interest. The volumes of data generated from wearable devices could be useful in identifying health risks. Potential applications of wearable sensors and devices are broad and have promising impacts on patient care. While traditional circuits and systems are the main focus of development, artificial intelligence and smart technologies continuously open up possibilities in this area. Intelligent solutions are essentially important in post-sensing data processing, information fusion, and decision making. This Special Issue aims to report the latest scholarly technological updates in wearable sensors and devices, and their applications in healthcare. Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
- Wearable sensors, devices, or techniques for physiological monitoring
- Wearable sensors, devices, or techniques for medical decision making
- Wearable sensors, devices, or techniques for web-based and mobile applications
- Wearable sensors, devices, or techniques for telemedicine applications
- Wearable sensors, devices, or techniques for activities modelling
- Wearable sensors, devices, or techniques for body sensor networks
- Circuits and systems for wearable sensors, devices, or techniques
- Communications systems for wearable sensors and devices
- Intelligent and expert systems for wearable sensors, devices, or techniques
- Information fusion for wearable sensors, devices, or techniques
- Health data privacy in wearable sensors, devices, or techniques
Dr. Wee Ser
Dr. Nan Liu
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Sensors is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1800 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- wearable sensors
- wearable devices
- wearable techniques