Special Issue "Analysis of Biomedical Signals and Physical Behavior Sensing in the Development of Systems for Monitoring, Training, Controlling, and Improving Quality of Life"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 December 2021.
Interests: Medical imaging; analysis of biomedical images; pattern recognition
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
Interests: human-computer interaction, biomedical engineering, computer games, machine learning, computer graphics
Biomedical signals sensors and physical behavior in remote sensing convey digital data for intelligent analysis and detection and classification of living organism states, behaviors or physiological processes describing their nature or activity. This Special Issue covers multidisciplinary works in the field of biomedical engineering, computer science, human–computer interaction, electronics, and partly also medicine, sport, and psychology, aiming at monitoring and improving living organisms’ quality of life. The Special Issue addresses the application of sensor data processing and analysis, with special interest in, but not limited to, the following list of aspects:
- Application of artificial intelligence for biomedical signal analysis and classification;
- Efficiency and efficacy in multimodal data processing, synchronization, and fusion;
- The problem of a small amount of data in method and system profiling, teaching, adaptation, and calibration;
- Signal pattern and behavioral pattern recognition in monitoring and diagnosis systems;
- Human–computer interaction in therapy, training, control, activity monitoring, and rehabilitation systems;
- Physical and mental health monitoring, assistive living, and wellbeing-oriented systems;
- Sensing challenges for cognitive and physical aging diagnosis and treatment;
- Sensing challenges for elderly people and people with disabilities.
Prof. Dr. Michał Strzelecki
Prof. Dr. Adam Wojciechowski
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Sensors is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2200 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.