Special Issue "Economic and Financial Crimes"
A special issue of Risks (ISSN 2227-9091).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 July 2021).
Despite all the efforts made to combat economic and financial crime, it remains a long-standing problem. With this Special Issue, we cordially invite researchers to share their results to reflect new directions regarding economic and financial crimes, such as fraud, corruption, the shadow economy, tax evasion, cybercrimes, money laundering. We hope to highlight the determining factors, the effects of economic and financial crimes, and international bodies and initiatives to prevent, fight against, and investigate economic and financial crimes. Studies focused on the influence of the COVID-19 pandemic on various types of economic and financial crimes are also welcome.
- Corruption, the shadow economy, money laundering, cybercrime, tax evasion, fraud;
- Measuring economic and financial crime;
- Determinants of financial crimes;
- Bank performances, operational risk, and financial crimes;
- Public governance and financial crimes;
- Tax burden and financial crimes;
- Earning management/creative accounting and fraud;
- Corporate governance patterns, audits, and fraud;
- The influence of cultural factors, religion, tax morale, trust, and happiness on financial crimes;
- The profile of the fraudster;
- Measures of combating financial crime;
- The efficiency of the fight against financial crime;
- Fraud with European funds;
- Cybercrimes in the digital era;
- Fintech, cryptocurrency, and financial crime;
- The effects of economic and financial crimes on economic and sustainable development;
- Fraud, performance, and failure risk;
- The effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on financial crimes;
- Methods to protect against financial crimes.
Prof. Dr. Monica Violeta Achim
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Risks is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1400 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- tax evasion
- money laundering
- shadow economy