Special Issue "Empowering the Smart Consumer Electronics: Opportunities by the Convergence of Sensors, AIoT, Cloud Services, Blockchain, and AR/VR"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 25 November 2022 | Viewed by 1224
Interests: software engineering; service-oriented computing; AIoT, smart consumer electronics, blockchain and the semantic web
We are in an era of highly intelligent environments, such as smart cities, homes, healthcare, and transportation systems, combinations of cyber-physical systems (CPSs) realized using the recent advanced technologies and working together to provide intelligence or smartness. Smart consumer electronics systems (smart CE) play a critical role in facilitating intelligent environments by improving quality of life, creating new markets, creating new products, and creating new industry/research paradigms. The recent technological convergence of artificial intelligence Internet of Things (AIoT), sensor devices, cloud services, blockchain, and augmented reality/virtual reality (AR/VR) using them has created new demands and opportunities for various applications of smart CE. In particular, the increasing number of heterogeneous AIoT, sensors, cloud services, and demanding wireless communication in their integrated systems bring about several traditional research problems and new innovative research questions related to smart CE. Moreover, the interactions between human and non-human systems based on recent AR/VR technologies are consistent and allow a non-trivial set of intelligent interactions per system in smart CE. This Special Issue aims to collect intelligent IoT/sensor devices, context-aware interactions, cloud services, resource management, security, human–computer interaction, and integration of multiple systems that support innovative interactions in smart CE. Accordingly, this Special Issue will bring together researchers in both industry and academia in highlighting the appropriate current and future directions in these areas. High-quality, original research papers covering key issues and topics of smart CE will be considered for publication.
Topics for this Special Issue include but are not limited to:
- Human-centric context management for interaction in smart CE;
- Intelligent IoT/sensor management for advanced (mobile) ubiquitous applications for smart CE;
- Intelligent IoT/sensor applications and middleware support for smart CE;
- Privacy, security, and trust management of smart CE;
- Intelligent IoT-based blockchain technology and applications for smart CE;
- Blockchain and information security systems for smart CE;
- Distributed algorithms and intelligent network optimization for smart CE;
- Measurements from experimental techniques for smart CE;
- Middleware and applications of cloud services, fog computing, as well as edge computing for smart CE;
- Prototypes, testbeds, and real-world deployments of intelligent systems for smart CE;
- Smart AR/VR interaction for smart CE;
- AR/VR devices and technologies integrated with IoT/sensors for smart CE;
- Immersive haptic interaction for smart CE;
- Reasoning and learning techniques for human-centric interaction in smart CE;
- Machine learning and data science in/for smart CE;
- Hardware and software design of smart CE
- Application and case studies in smart CE
Prof. Dr. Yong-Yi Fanjiang
Prof. Dr. Jen-Chih Lin
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Processes is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- smart consumer electronics
- artificial intelligence Internet of Things
- edge computing and cloud services
- blockchain and information security
- augmented reality/virtual reality (AR/VR)
- machine learning and data analysis