Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Pharmacy Education and Student / Practitioner Training
A section of Pharmacy (ISSN 2226-4787).
The editorial board of “Pharmacy: Section Pharmacy Education and Student / Practitioner Training” welcomes suggestions for material on teaching matters—didactics, teaching and evaluation methods. These will include contributions on issues such as:
- Pre-registration pharmacy education and training for students
- Post-registration pharmacy education and training for practitioners
- The philosophy, production and use of competence frameworks, and experience with competence-based pharmacy education and training
- The interaction and integration of teaching with health services
- Future developments in education and training for pharmacy
Contributions can be in the form of:
- Reviews: comprehensive, fully-referenced papers on teaching or research topics (maximum 25 double-spaced pages).
- Research articles: experimental or observational investigations using formal data collection and reporting of results (maximum 25 double-spaced pages).
- Letters to the editor: contributions to a forum for the expression of ideas or comments on matters previously published articles in the journal commentaries (maximum 4 double-spaced pages).
- Commentaries: less formal contributions with more flexible chapter headings along the lines of: introduction, design and evaluation, discussion and conclusions. “Design” could be design of a course, a curriculum, an educational intervention (maximum 25 double-spaced pages).
All manuscripts will be peer reviewed.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Pharmacy Curriculum Development (Deadline: 31 May 2020)
- Country Profiles of the PHARMINE Survey of European Higher Educational Institutions Delivering Pharmacy Education and Training (Deadline: 31 December 2020)