Special Issue "Wide-Bandgap Materials and Applications"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 December 2020.
Interests: device characterization; device modeling; device reliability; electronics; optoelectronics; wide-bandgap semiconductors
Interests: LEDs, laser diodes, reliability, degradation, defects, characterization, HEMT, gallium nitride, GaN, GaO, GaAs, solar cells, photodetectors
Wide-bandgap semiconductors are rapidly emerging as disruptive materials for a wide range of applications. Even though some products are already available in the market, efforts are still needed to improve the performance and reliability of the devices as well as to identify novel materials and structures toward widening the possible application fields.
In order to showcase the most recent advancements, we are requesting submissions for a Special Issue on wide-bandgap materials and their applications. Topics of interest for this Special Issue include, but are not limited to:
• Wide-bandgap elemental and compound semiconductors: gallium nitride, silicon carbide, gallium oxide, aluminum nitride, boron nitride, diamond, to name but a few examples;
• Materials and devices for power electronics, RF applications, and optoelectronics, including extreme environments such as space applications;
• The full range of the fabrication process, from substrate, growth, and processing to electrical, optical, and defect characterization, as well as reliability and packaging;
• Device integration and novel device structures;
• Tutorials, reviews, and perspectives.
Dr. Carlo De Santi
Prof. Matteo Meneghini
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Materials is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- wide-bandgap semiconductors
- power electronics
- RF electronics
- computer-assisted simulation