Special Issue "Smart Manufacturing, Digital Supply Chains and Industry 4.0"
A special issue of Machines (ISSN 2075-1702).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (30 September 2018) | Viewed by 31003
Smart manufacturing, Digital Supply Chains and Industry 4.0 shape the transformation of industrial engineering, production and supply chain management. Smart operations and digital supply chains can be considered from different points of view which imply an integration of industrial engineering, business informatics, management, and operations research competencies.
The aim of this Special Issue is to bring together researchers and practitioners in industrial engineering, manufacturing systems, operations research, supply chain management, and business informatics to present and discuss emerging topics in modern manufacturing modeling, management, and control. The Special Issue will cover all topics related to design, implementation and operation of modern manufacturing and supply chain systems in digitalization era, including (but not limited to) the following:
- Design and reconfiguration of smart manufacturing systems
- Intelligent facility planning and materials handling
- Industry 4.0
- Smart logistics
- Adaptive manufacturing systems
- Additive manufacturing
- Augmented reality
- Virtual reality
- Digital manufacturing networks and smart operations
- Big Data and business analytics for manufacturing and supply chain systems
- Enterprise modelling, integration and networking
- Intelligent modeling, simulation, control and monitoring of manufacturing processes
- Robotics in manufacturing
- Intelligent manufacturing systems
- Intelligent transportation
- Service oriented architecture for production management and control
- Complex adaptive systems and emergent synthesis in manufacturing
- Web-enabled manufacturing control and wireless automation
- Design for reusability
- Maintainability, reliability, safety and dependability of production systems
- Quality management
- Virtual reality
- Sensor networks, ubiquitous computing, active identifiers, wireless communication in manufacturing
- Distributed systems and multi-agents technologies
- Simulation technologies
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Machines is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1800 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Industry 4.0
- Digital Supply Chain
- Smart Logistics
- Adaptive Manufacturing Systems
- Big Data and Business Analytics
- Smart Manufacturing Systems
- Additive Manufacturing
- Augmented Reality