Special Issue "Advanced Control and Path Planning of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs)"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 15 February 2024 | Viewed by 254
Interests: simulation; control and motion planning problems for unmanned aerial vehicles; formal methods in robotics and automation; model predictive control techniques; nonlinear optimization; human-robot interaction; communication-aware robotics; robot manipulators
Interests: vehicle dynamics and control; autonomous vehicles; human-vehicle interaction; driver-vehicle automation; shared steering control
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
Specific topics of interest for publication include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Advanced control techniques for UAVs;
- Path planning and collision avoidance algorithms for UAVs;
- Trajectory optimization for efficient UAV operations;
- Target tracking and object detection in UAV applications;
- UAVs for precision agriculture and environmental monitoring;
- UAVs in package delivery and logistics;
- UAVs in search and rescue operations;
- Autonomous and swarm UAV systems;
- Sensor fusion and perception for UAVs;
- Communication and networking solutions for UAV swarms;
- Safety and security challenges in UAV operations;
- Energy efficiency and battery management for UAVs;
- Machine learning and AI for autonomous UAVs;
- Human–drone interaction and user interfaces;
- UAVs in remote sensing and mapping applications;
- Regulatory and ethical considerations for UAV operations;
- Case studies and real-world applications of UAV technology.
Dr. Giuseppe Silano
Dr. Yahui Liu
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Machines is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2400 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.