A section of Life (ISSN 2075-1729).
Research papers published in this section will focus on evolutionary mechanisms, processes, and outcomes across the tree of life. These will include studies of evolution of organisms, genomes, and molecules over time. We encourage the submission of works focused on “broad-scale” topics such as the reconstruction of the Tree of Life, ancestral state evolution, and divergence time estimation. We also welcome submissions on focused evolutionary aspects at population or higher taxonomic levels. Studies that address theoretical and experimental evolution with empirical or computational approaches are welcome. Methodological and bioinformatics studies on evolutionary processes (e.g., phylogenetic reconstruction methods) are also welcome if they have a clear empirical application. Other types of manuscripts, such as perspectives, opinion pieces, and reviews, are also invited.
Topical Advisory Panel
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Sex Chromosome Biology and Genome Evolution (Deadline: 30 June 2022)
- Ecological and Evolutionary Dynamics of Transboundary Animal Infectious Diseases (Deadline: 20 July 2022)
- Placental Development and Function (Deadline: 20 August 2022)
- Evolution of Radiation Resistance (Deadline: 30 December 2022)
- Untangling Host-Symbiont Coevolutionary History in the High Throughput Sequencing (HTS) Era (Deadline: 31 December 2022)