A section of Life (ISSN 2075-1729).
Research papers published in this section will focus on evolutionary mechanisms, processes, and outcomes across the tree of life. These will include studies of evolution of organisms, genomes, and molecules over time. We encourage the submission of works focused on “broad-scale” topics such as the reconstruction of the Tree of Life, ancestral state evolution, and divergence time estimation. We also welcome submissions on focused evolutionary aspects at population or higher taxonomic levels. Studies that address theoretical and experimental evolution with empirical or computational approaches are welcome. Methodological and bioinformatics studies on evolutionary processes (e.g., phylogenetic reconstruction methods) are also welcome if they have a clear empirical application. Other types of manuscripts, such as perspectives, opinion pieces, and reviews, are also invited.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Evolution before Genes (Deadline: 29 July 2021)
- Evolutionary and Conservation Genetics (Deadline: 31 July 2021)
- Significance of RNA-Protein Interactions: From Origins of Life to Modern Biology (Deadline: 15 November 2021)
- Molecular Evolution of Marine Invertebrates (Deadline: 15 December 2021)
- Feature Reviews in Evolutionary Biology (Deadline: 31 December 2021)
- Untangling Host-Symbiont Coevolutionary History in the High Throughput Sequencing (HTS) Era (Deadline: 31 December 2022)