Special Issue "The Role of Computers and Control in Medical Systems for Personalized Healthcare"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (10 December 2021) | Viewed by 435
Interests: fractional calculus; biomedical engineering; anaesthesia control, viscoelastic phenomena; control engineering
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
More than ever before, medical and biological systems are at the core of our societal and economical challenges. No longer can these progress without taking into account the interdisciplinarity among them, and progress itself cannot be enabled without intermodularity with engineering and computing. Healthcare systems, biological systems, medical devices, and cybermedical systems are more than ever before at the frontline of progress in patient-centered healthcare. The topics featured in this Special Issue are covered by the 11th IFAC Symposium on Biological and Medical Systems (BMS2021), organized in Ghent, Belgium, which will take place on 19–22 September 2021. More information can be found at www.bms2021.ugent.be
BMS2021 features two main themes in the context of personalized medicine:
- Drug delivery systems: modeling, control, analysis, and pharmacological studies, medical devices, and clinical trial results;
- Combined cancer therapy: nanomedicine, radiation, immunology, stem cells, modeling and control, medical devices and robotics, clinical trial results.
Experimental, clinical, and feasibility studies are particularly welcome contributions. The symposium covers all aspects of biomedicine, physiology, biology, and pharmaceutical and epidemiological problems interconnected through multidisciplinarity with systems engineering.
A number of selected papers from the symposium will be invited to this Special Issue, but free submission is also encouraged. To comply with copyright agreements, papers submitted to the JCM special issue must differ by a minimum of 30% from the papers submitted to IFAC-BMS2021 proceedings.
We welcome your latest contribution.
Thematic Research Topics for Special Issue:
- Model formulation, experiment design, identification and validation, biosignal analysis and interpretation
- Advances in sensing and signal processing
- Tracer kinetic modeling from imaging systems
- Biomedical system modeling, simulation, and visualization
- Decision support systems and feedback control
- Robotics, devices and sensors
- Biological systems and controls, etc.
- Artificial intelligence for decision support systems
- Bionic engineering and biomaterials
Application Areas for Special Issue:
- Cellular, metabolic, cardiovascular, neurosystems
- Healthcare management and delivery, disease control, critical care
- Pharmacokinetics and drug delivery
- Decision support systems for the control of physiological and clinical variables
- Biomedical imaging systems
- Intensive and chronic therapy
- Medical information systems
- Surgical robotics and medical nanorobotics
- Control of voluntary movements, respiration, locomotion
- Rehabilitation engineering, including rehabilitation robotics
- Kinetic modeling and control of biological systems, artificial organs and biomechanical systems
- Quantification of physiological parameters for diagnosis assessment
- Targeted molecular therapies
- Artificial intelligence support in diagnosis and decision making systems
Prof. Dr. Clara Ionescu
Dr. Martine Neckebroek
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Journal of Clinical Medicine is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2400 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.