Special Issue "Durability and Sustainability of Concrete Mixtures"
A special issue of Infrastructures (ISSN 2412-3811).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 December 2019
Concrete is the most widely used construction material in pavements and structures, the production of which requires large quantities of natural sources. Ensuring the durability and sustainability of the concrete elements of outmost importance due to the role they play in the economic growth of nations. Efforts to produce sustainable concretes have led to the use of alternative materials for the generally used components such as ordinary Portland cement and aggregates. Durability of concrete mixtures in various and distinct environments (e.g., marine, saline and cold regions) are also getting more and more attention by governments and researchers since it can help to increase the service life of concrete elements and infrastructures.
This Special Issue, “Durability and Sustainability of Concrete Mixtures”, focuses on the latest research findings in the broader area of the durability and sustainability of concrete mixtures. Various original and novel research topics will be considered, including, but not limited to:
- Durability and mechanical properties of sustainable concretes
- Effects of advanced, multifunctional, green and sustainable materials on the durability and sustainability of concrete elements
- Nano-engineered pavements and structures
- Service life assessment of concrete pavements and structures containing sustainable materials
- Advanced characterization and monitoring of sustainable concrete pavements and structures
- Life time extension approaches, especially under severe environmental conditions such as freezing-thawing cycles
- Machine learning techniques and artificial intelligence for prediction of the behavior of sustainable concretes
Dr. Ali Behnood
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Infrastructures is an international peer-reviewed open access quarterly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) is waived for well-prepared manuscripts submitted to this issue. Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Supplementary cementitious materials
- Bio-based materials
- Green materials
- Freezing and thawing resistance
- Sulfate attack
- Deicer salt scaling