Special Issue "5G Security: Challenges, Opportunities, and the Road Ahead"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 28 February 2023 | Viewed by 206
Interests: network management; network security; availability; 5G; NFV
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
Interests: Internet of Things; cybersecurity; knowledge management; bayesian network; recommender systems; embedded systems
Security aspects are becoming of crucial importance across the hyperconnected technological world. In this context, 5G (and its evolution, 6G) represents a key network enabler for a plethora of paradigms, including Internet of Things (IoT), cyber-physical systems (CPSs), multi-access edge computing (MEC), network function virtualization (NFV), software-defined networking (SDN), and many others.
Due to the growing interest both of academia and industry in the broad field of security, for this Special Issue we encourage high-quality research contributions—both theoretical and experimental—and timely survey papers that pinpoint future research directions in this field.
Finally, I would like to thank Mr. Giovanni Galatro and his valuable work for assisting me with this Special Issue.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Security protocols in 5G/6G architectures;
- Privacy issues in 5G/6G architectures;
- Security aspects in cloud/edge/fog computing;
- Security aspects in multi-access edge computing (MEC);
- Security aspects in the Internet of Things and/or cyber-physical systems;
- Security management in modern virtualized networks (NFV, SDN, network slicing);
- Access control mechanisms in modern networks;
- Machine learning/artificial intelligence for 5G/6G network security;
- Intrusion detection systems in 5G/6G networks;
- Traffic analysis applied to 5G/6G networks;
- Analytics and big data for network security;
- Optimization techniques to improve 5G/6G network security;
- Resilience strategies to improve 5G/6G network security;
- Security aspects in 5G/6G vehicular communications;
- Security aspects in millimeter-wave communications;
- Security aspects in radio access networks (RANs);
- Security aspects in 5G-oriented hardware (e.g., FPGA);
- Security aspects in smart environments and industrial systems.
Dr. Mario Di Mauro
Dr. Marco Tambasco
Dr. Francesco Pascale
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Future Internet is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1400 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.