Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Special Issue "Energy and Environmental Economics/Policy"
A special issue of Energies (ISSN 1996-1073). This special issue belongs to the section "C: Energy Economics and Policy".
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 August 2023 | Viewed by 237
Special Issue Editors
Interests: measurement of intellectual capital at the business and macroeconomic level; regional analysis; divergent growth models; knowledge management and business information systems; quality of life
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
Interests: accounting; intellectual capital; capital intangibles; audits; management control
Interests: statistical process control; intellectual capital; sustainable tourism; agrarian economy; happiness measurement
Special Issue Information
An economic paradigm shift has occurred as a result of environmental economics, sustainability and energy efficiency in the face of climate change, and citizens consider this a key factor in determining their quality of life. In this context, in this Special Issue, we aim to scientifically disseminate high-quality papers pertaining to energy and environmental policies on global and local scales. We welcome papers that utilize quantitative methods linked to the analysis of real data. Although we will consider a variety of approaches, this Special Issue focuses on:
- Macro-studies on changes in the energy market, new energy mix with renewables, new green energies and economic power, EU energy mix and import dependency, changes in the producer market and the effects of the Russian–Ukrainian war.
- The energy market and new methods of state financing through green taxes. Taxes on energy, transport, pollution and resources can help us to reach our environmental policy goals, more sustainable industry and greener habits.
- Tourism has environmental, economic and social impacts. Thus, it is important to minimize the negative environmental impacts through the development of sustainable tourism. This is an objective of several policies, such as goal 8 of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, which aims to devise and implement policies to promote sustainable tourism that creates jobs and promotes local culture and products.
- Studies in the business field on information and the measurement and verification of corporate social responsibility, specifically regarding sustainability and the environment (social and environmental accounting).
- Sustainability has been identified as a factor that determines quality of life in "smart" cities and rural areas. It should provide an efficient balance between economic and residential systems, and the environment should undergo sustainable growth and provide improved quality of life for citizens. The planning and management of cities from this perspective leads to 'smart' development, which is also transmissible to rural areas.
Prof. Dr. Victor Raul Lopez-Ruiz
Prof. Dr. Domingo Nevado Pena
Prof. Dr. José Luis Alfaro Navarro
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Energies is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2200 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- energy mix
- green taxes
- sustainable tourism
- environmental accounting
- climate change
- quality of life