Special Issue "Big Data Applications for Intelligent Energy Management in Buildings"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 October 2021.
The constantly increasing momentum of big data, and the increasing adoption of leading-edge information and communication technologies (ICTs), such as internet of things (IoT), artificial intelligence (AI), distributed ledger technology (DLT)/blockchain, constitute an unprecedented market opportunity for improving the energy efficiency along the building sector and its lifecycle, and for better managing energy consumption and generation at building level.
This special issue is devoted to the latest developments in the field of big data and aims to provide valuable insights into the most effective applications for intelligent energy management and holistic energy services in buildings.
Examples of topics appropriate to the theme of this special issue, include, but are not limited to:
- Data-driven architectures for buildings data exchange, management and real-time processing;
- Data analytics techniques and algorithms for smart energy-efficient buildings;
- Digital building twins to support building related processes;
- Innovative applications and services for: (a) energy management and energy-efficient buildings; (b) design, refurbishment and development of building infrastructure; (c) policy making and policy impact assessment; (d) enhanced reliability and reduced risks of energy efficiency investments.
This special issue is also based on the research activities of the H2020 MATRYCS project (http://matrycs.eu/) and we seek high-quality papers that capitalise and combine modern technological breakthroughs in the area of the big data driven economy, in order to support improved decision-making at different scales around buildings.
Dr. Vangelis Marinakis
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Energies is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Buildings semantic interoperability
- Data services and semantic enrichment
- Big data management and AI services
- Data analytics techniques for buildings
- Intelligent energy management
- Energy performance of buildings
- Policy making and policy impact assessment
- Energy efficiency investment de-risking