Curriculum and Instruction
A section of Education Sciences (ISSN 2227-7102).
Providing equitable learning opportunities is a cornerstone of modern society. Research into the what and how of the learning enterprise is the focus of this Section. The primary goals of educational research include investigating the what, curricula, and the how, instruction. The interplay of individual needs, curricula, and instructional methods is a complex and compelling educational concern.
This section invites curricula and instruction research that builds upon existing scholarship. Of particular interest are investigations that demonstrate or inform:
- Implications for practice;
- General and discipline-specific pedagogy;
- Instructional methods;
- Development of equitable spaces and opportunities;
- Universal designs for learning;
- The role of information and communications technology (ICT);
- Instruction design models.
This Section includes original research developed in the context of existing scholarship. It is principally interested in research guided by quantitative, qualitative, or mixed methods investigative traditions. Authors are encouraged to consult the academic articles and papers described in the seventh edition of the APA Publication Manual for guidance. Editors will consider innovative and novel research methods with adequate justification. Atheoretical evaluations of programs and curriculum are not appropriate.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Emerging Technologies for STEM Curriculum (Deadline: 31 August 2022)
- Responsive Approaches to Middles Grades Teaching & Teacher Preparation (Deadline: 1 September 2022)
- Participatory Pedagogy (Deadline: 30 September 2022)
- Lifestyle Sports and Physical Education (Deadline: 30 September 2022)
- Collective Action to Improve Schools and Redesign Education Systems (Deadline: 1 October 2022)
- New Directions for Developing Multimodal Literacies in Diverse Educational Settings (Deadline: 1 December 2022)
- English Education in Vietnamese Schooling (Deadline: 1 December 2022)
- Math Anxiety, Student Learning, and Instructional Strategies (Deadline: 20 December 2022)
- Teaching Research Methods in Education (Deadline: 31 December 2022)
- Mathematics Education: Challenges in Skill Development, Assessment and Evaluation (Deadline: 31 December 2022)
- Learning and Teaching in a Virtual World (Deadline: 31 December 2022)
- Visualisation in Mathematics Education (Deadline: 31 January 2023)
- Entrepreneurship Education Creating Impact for Societies: Known Worlds and New Frontiers (Deadline: 1 March 2023)
- Equity in Science Education: Advancing Social Justice, Democracy, and Indigeneity in Teaching and Learning (Deadline: 22 March 2023)
- Sticking with STEM: Who Comes, Who Stays, Who Goes, and Why? (Deadline: 31 March 2023)
- Higher Education and Graduate Labour-Market Outcomes (Deadline: 30 April 2023)
- Toward Equity in Mathematics Education: Multiple Research Perspectives (Deadline: 31 May 2023)