Special Issue "Materials and Processes for Carbon Dioxide Capture and Utilisation"
A special issue of C (ISSN 2311-5629).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 October 2016).
Interests: carbon dioxide capture and utilisation; sustainable and clean energy production; materials science and engineering; electrochemistry; photovoltaics; sensors; drug delivery
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
Topical Collection in C: Carbon in the Circular Economy
Special Issue in Processes: Trends in Carbon Capture, Storage and Utilisation
Special Issue in Chemistry: Trends in Carbon Capture, Storage and Utilisation
The capture and conversion of carbon dioxide to added value products—such as chemicals, polymers, and carbon-based fuels—certainly represent a promising approach to turn a molecule from a threat to the environment into an opportunity for long term sustainability. Materials and processes for carbon capture and utilisation are essential in this perspective, especially in view of decreasing the cost of carbon dioxide utilisation and establishing an alternative to geological storage.
In this Special Issue of C—Journal of Carbon Research, we invite authors to submit original communications, articles, and reviews on the experimental and theoretical aspects of materials and processes development and application for carbon capture and utilisation.
Some of the key topics relevant to this Issue are:
- The synthesis, characterisation, and application of novel and advanced liquid, solid, or hybrid sorbent materials and systems for carbon dioxide capture;
- The design, preparation, and performance evaluation of homogenous and heterogeneous catalysts and catalytic systems for carbon dioxide conversion to added value products;
- The integration of renewable energy harvesting and generation with carbon dioxide conversion for carbon-neutral energy production and storage;
- The numerical, computational, and theoretical study of materials and processes used in the capture and chemical conversion of carbon dioxide;
- The engineering of materials and processes with reduced carbon dioxide footprints.
We are looking forward to receiving your high quality research manuscripts.
Dr. Enrico Andreoli
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. C is an international peer-reviewed open access quarterly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1400 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- carbon dioxide capture
- carbon dioxide utilisation
- carbon dioxide sorbent materials
- carbon dioxide activation
- carbon dioxide catalysts
- low-carbon energy production