Special Issue "Anti-Angiogenesis Therapeutics in Cancer"
A special issue of Biomedicines (ISSN 2227-9059).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (30 March 2017).
Interests: pharmaceuticals, biopharmaceuticals, and diagnostics; nanomedicine; cardiovascular diseases; neurological disorders; hematology and oncology; biosimilar and nanosimilar; angiogenesis, inflammation, thrombosis, integrin, and cell adhesion molecules; target identification, molecular mechanisms, and signaling pathways; preclinical, clinical, marketing, and post-marketing studies; regulatory and ethical issues
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
Special Issue in Cancers: Cancer Cell Imaging
Special Issue in International Journal of Molecular Sciences: Vascular Biology and Therapeutics
Special Issue in Biomedicines: Impact of Nanobiotechnology (Nanomedicine) on the Future of Medicine: The Road toward Precision Medicine
Special Issue in Biomedicines: Transition from Nutraceuticals to Nano-Nutraceuticals and Nano-Pharmaceuticals: Impact on Health and Diseases
The aim of this Special Issue is to cover the current status and future directions in the discovery and development of novel anti-angiogenesis strategies in Oncology. The Special Issue is aimed to cover preclinical and clinical steps involved in the discovery and development of anti-angiogenesis targets in cancer and to discuss mechanisms involved in the modulation of angiogenesis in relation to cancer therapy. FDA approved anti-angiogenesis agents in cancer therapeutics and limitations will be reviewed. Furthermore, the implications of Nanotechnology in expanding the utility of existing and new novel anti-angiogenesis strategies in cancer will also be reviewed.
Prof. Dr. Shaker A. Mousa
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Biomedicines is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Angiogenesis and anti-angiogenesis in hematological malignancies
- Angiogenesis and lymphogenesis in cancer (tumor growth, invasion, and metastasis)
- Survey of different anti-angiogenesis strategies
- Integrin in angiogenesis and lymphogenesis
- Anti-VEGF (vascular endothelial growth factor) in angiogenesis modulation and cancer therapy
- Tyrosine kinase inhibitors (TKI) in angiogenesis modulation and cancer therapy
- Multi-targeted anti-angiogenesis therapy in cancer therapy
- Micro RNA and angiogenesis modulation
- Naturally occurring anti-angiogenesis agents
- Angiogenesis biomarkers and impact on personalized management
- Combination of anti-angiogenesis and chemotherapeutics
- Nanotechnology in enhancing the utility of anti-angiogenesis agents—combinations with standard anti-cancer
- Nano-targeted anti-angiogenesis agents in cancer detection