Antibodies (ISSN 2073-4468) is an international, peer-reviewed open access journal that provides an advanced forum for scientific publications related to antibodies and antigens. It publishes reviews, research articles, communications and short notes. Our aim is to encourage scientists to report their experimental as well as theoretical results in as much detail as possible. There is no restriction on the length of papers. Full experimental and/or methodological details must be provided. Electronic files or software describing the full details of calculations and experimental procedures can be deposited as supplementary materials if unsuitable to be published in a normal way.
This journal covers all topics related to antibodies and antigens. Major topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
Antibodies and the humoral immune response
- Antibody-producing cells (including B cells);
- Natural antibodies;
- Tumor antigens;
- Fc receptors;
- Immunoregulatory molecules;
Discovery, generation and selection of antibodies
- Monoclonal antibodies;
- Single-cell cloning of V-genes;
- Antibody selection (phage display, cell surface display and ribosome display);
- In vitro affinity maturation;
- Computational antibody design.
Antibody structure and function
- Antibody–antigen interactions;
- Structural analysis of antibodies (X-ray and Cryo-TEM);
- Antibody sequence analysis and databases;
- Computational antibody modelling.
Antibody engineering, conjugates and fusion proteins
- Antibody humanization;
- Antibody manufacturing;
- Antibody purification;
- Biophysical properties and characterization;
- Single-domain antibodies;
- Alternative binding proteins based on non-Ig scaffolds;
- Bispecific antibodies;
- Antibody fusion proteins;
- Antibody–drug conjugates.
Antibodies in biomedical research and therapy
- Targets for antibody therapy;
- Antibodies for cancer therapy;
- Antibodies to treat autoimmune disorders;
- Other antibody therapies;
- Antibodies for in vivo diagnostics;
- Bioanalytical assays and research tools.
MDPI Publication Ethics Statement
Antibodies is a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). MDPI takes the responsibility to enforce a rigorous peer-review together with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure to add high quality scientific works to the field of scholarly publication. Unfortunately, cases of plagiarism, data falsification, inappropriate authorship credit, and the like, do arise. MDPI takes such publishing ethics issues very seriously and our editors are trained to proceed in such cases with a zero tolerance policy. To verify the originality of content submitted to our journals, we use iThenticate to check submissions against previous publications.
Authors and publishers are encouraged to send review copies of their recent related books to the following address. Received books will be listed as Books Received within the journal's News & Announcements section.
St. Alban-Anlage 66
Copyright / Open Access
Articles published in Antibodies will be Open-Access articles distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY). The copyright is retained by the author(s). MDPI will insert the following note at the end of the published text:
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free in the News & Announcements section of the journal. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is . For further MDPI contacts, see here.
Announcement and Advertisement
Announcements regarding academic activities such as conferences are published for free in the News & Announcements section of the journal. Advertisement can be either published or placed on the pertinent website. Contact e-mail address is .
For further MDPI contacts, see here.