A section of Toxins (ISSN 2072-6651).
The uremic toxins section of the Toxins journal invites the submission of high quality manuscripts that report new investigations into all aspects of uremic toxin research, including but not limited to identification and characterization of uremic toxins, studies on their biological effects (toxicity), generation, complications (cardiovascular and other), removal (dialysis and other/novel extracorporeal removal strategies; alternative options such as intestinal adsorption) and kinetics during removal, observational and controlled studies on the biological and clinical impact of concentration changes, and studies on the uremic metabolome, proteome, genome and microbiome.
acute kidney injury; adsorption; AKI; analytical techniques; bioactivity; biochemistry; bioinformatics; biological effect; chromatography; chronic kidney disease; CKD; clinical laboratory; clinical trials; diagnostic methods; dialysis; extracorporeal removal; gene expression profiling; generation; genome; genomics; hemodialysis; in vitro effects; in vivo effects; kinetic modeling; kinetics; metabolome; metabolomics; microbiome; middle molecules; molecule; observational studies; optimization of removal; PCR; peptide; patho-physiology; protein bound solutes; peritoneal dialysis; protein; proteome; proteomics; purification; PCR; randomized controlled trials; RCT; small water soluble compounds; spectrometry; toxicity; transcriptome; transcriptomics; transplantation; uremia; uremic toxins
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) Studies on Humans and Animals (Deadline: 31 October 2020)
- Uremic Toxins-Related Disease (Deadline: 31 October 2020)
- Role of Uremic Toxins in Vascular Calcification, Vascular Disease and Bone Dysfunction (Deadline: 31 October 2020)
- The Functional Analysis of Uremic Toxins by Metabolomics (Deadline: 30 November 2020)
- New Strategies for the Reduction of Uremic Toxins (Deadline: 31 December 2020)
- Uremic Toxin-Mediated Mechanisms in Cardiovascular and Renal Disease (Deadline: 31 December 2020)
- Gut Microbiota Dynamics and Uremic Toxins (Deadline: 31 March 2021)
- Molecular Basis of Uremic Toxins in Chronic Kidney Disease (Deadline: 31 March 2021)
- Study on the Uremic Toxin Targeting Mechanism (Deadline: 31 October 2021)