Special Issue "Transportation Planning and Public Transport"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 6 September 2021.
Interests: demand analysis; freight transportation and logistics; transportation network optimization and modeling; dynamic optimization models; dynamic vehicle routing and pricing problems; machine learning
This Special Issue aims to bring together emerging research on different transport models to address current and future issues in transportation, transport economics, traffic demand, and transportation resilience. This Special Issue also aims to expand research on public transport systems, such as shared mobility systems and transit services. Submissions should improve our understanding of the sustainability of public transport services in terms of public welfare and social needs. This Special Issue encourages submissions of original research articles that report significant research findings on the following topics:
- transport demand and travel behavior;
- route choice models and traffic assignment;
- shared mobility systems (dial-a-ride, dial-a-bus, and dial-a-flight problems and flying taxis, bikes, buses, subways, car-sharing platforms, and parking mechanisms);
- interaction between public transport and other modes;
- social welfare through public transportation;
- game theory and social choice models in transportation systems;
- clean transport systems (electric taxis, energy consumption, infrastructure charging facilities);
- transport information (travel behavior, weather prediction, demand prediction);
- resilience and recovery of transportation networks;
- freight transport models.
Dr. Hamid R. Sayarshad
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Sustainability is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1900 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.