Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
Special Issue "Ultra Wideband (UWB) Systems in Biomedical Sensing"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 August 2020.
UWB radar is a new and powerful tool for non-invasive and non-intrusive measurements based on microwave electromagnetic fields and signal processing. Sensors with this technology are used for both short- and long-term monitoring and surveillance measurements exploiting remote sensing methodologies.
This Special Issue on UWB Systems in Biomedical Sensing invites unpublished papers exploring recent advances and developments in healthcare applications of UWB bioengineering measurement devices and related electronic implementation. This issue accepts both high-quality articles containing original research results and review articles and will allow readers to learn more about the potentials of UWB sensors in bioengineering devices.
Prospective authors are invited to submit unpublished work on the following research topics related to this Special Issue:
- Wearable UWB sensors and devices;
- UWB radar in medical physics;
- Ultra-wideband biosensing and biosignal analysis and processing;
- Microwave healthcare information systems and health informatics;
- UWB system electronics for healthcare applications;
- UWB cancer detection and imaging;
- UWB sensors for detection of heart rate, respiratory movements, and human gate analysis;
- UWB positioning radar for fall detection and activity monitoring of elderly and patients;
- UWB in biomedical treatment;
- UWB in wireless power transmission and harvesting;
- UWB sensor materials, properties, concepts, fabrication, and testing techniques;
- Application-oriented UWB printed sensor systems.
Prof. Mohammad Ghavami
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Sensors is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Ultra-wideband technology
- UWB wireles sensors
- Biomedical applications
- Wearable and portable medical devices
- Wireless sensor networks
- Patient remote monitoring
- UWB imaging
- UWB medical electronics
- Futuristic healthcare methodologies