Special Issue "Enhances in V2X Communications for Connected Autonomous Vehicles"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (18 January 2019)
This Special Issue will be dedicated to advances in 5G V2X communications and the vision of deploying such advances in connected and autonomous cars. With the development of ultra-low latency, extremely high reliability and massive device access in 5G, the ambitions for smart driving applications will soon become a reality. To this end, topics of interests include, but are not limited to:
- Use case analysis focusing on the interaction between vehicles and other on-board units (OBU), e.g., cameras, sensors, etc.
- Novel business models for automotive connected to mobile networks.
- V2X channel measurements and modeling.
- V2X spectrum and radio design aspects.
- NewRadio (NR) and sidelink communications for V2X traffic, enabling low-latency and ultra-high reliability.
- Accurate positioning in V2X.
- Exploitation and management of multiple radio access technologies (RATs) to improve reliability and coverage.
- Network slice design for V2X communications.
- Orchestration of end-to-end V2X traffic delivery and optimization.
- Network architectures, functions and protocols for V2X communications.
- Analysis and exploitation of learning approaches, such as mobility prediction, and predictive QoS.
- Network- and data-assisted positioning techniques for accurate localization.
Dr. Toktam Mahmoodi
Dr. Massimo Condoluci
Dr. Taimoor Abbas
Dr. Apostolos Kousaridas
Dr. Jesus Alonso-Zarate
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Sensors is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1800 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Connected vehicles