Special Issue "Select Papers from UCAmI & IWAAL 2014 – The 8th International Conference on Ubiquitous Computing and Ambient Intelligence & the 6th International Workshop on Ambient Assisted Living (UCAmI & IWAAL 2014: Pervasive Sensing Solutions)"
A special issue of Sensors (ISSN 1424-8220).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (30 April 2015) | Viewed by 181137
Interests: ubiquitous computing; smart health; mHealth; context awareness; AAL; frailty; gait analysis; data mining; visualization; user interaction
Special Issues, Collections and Topics in MDPI journals
The 8th International Symposium on Ubiquitous Computing and Ambient Intelligence & 6th International Work-Conference on Ambient Assisted Living (Belfast, Northern Ireland, 2014) received notable contributions, using sensors and focusing on m-health, smart environments, wearable and mobile systems, new interaction and visualization mechanisms, and wireless architectures.
Authors of the selected papers are invited to submit the extended versions of their original papers and contributions regarding the following topics:
- Sensors for environmental monitoring. Smart devices and green computing. Urban areas.
- Frameworks, middlewares, and platforms in AmI and assistive environments. Interoperability and standards. Mobile ad hoc and wireless sensor networks.
- Use of sensors and visualization methods in ubiquitous environments. Ambient and public displays. Information visualization.
- Implementation, deployment, and evaluation of sensor systems. Assistive sensors and social robotics.
- Design and implementation of wearable sensors and embedded technologies in AmI environments.
- Security, privacy, and reliability of sensors in AmI.
- Sensors in Ambient Assisted Living. Monitoring in daily living, activity recognition, body monitoring, and behavior aspects.
- Sensor-based interfaces for AmI environments (RFID, NFC, 2D codes, multi-modal). Tangible and natural interactions. Usability. Virtual and augmented reality.
Dr. Jesús Fontecha
Prof. Dr. Paul Mccullagh
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Sensors is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2600 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- ambient intelligence
- sensor-based interactin
- smart environments
- Ambient Assisted Living
- wearable sensors
- sensor networks
- security and privacy
- social robotics
- virtual reality