Special Issue "Advanced Nanomaterials for Water Splitting"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 August 2022) | Viewed by 4581
The research on solar hydrogen generation by water splitting is growing rapidly. This special issue will focus on the recent progress and latest advanced research on photocatalysts, electrocatalysts, photoelectrochemical cells, which have great potential for clean and sustainable energy. For this special issue, we solicit original research manuscripts on, but not limited to, the following research areas:
- Emerging photocatalysts, electrocatalysts, or photoelectrochemical cells for water splitting;
- Advanced in situ/operando characterizations;
- Synthesis and characterization of novel nanoscale photoelectrodes for solar energy materials;
- Plasmonic nanostructures for solar energy applications;
- Defect engineering and surface passivation for efficient water splitting redox reactions;
- Electronic structures and physicochemical properties of surface and interface of hybrid nanostructures for solar energy conversion;
- Charge carrier dynamics in photocatalysts and photoelectrodes;
- New concepts and modelling of materials and devices for efficient water splitting.
Prof. Dr. Chung-Li Dong
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Nanomaterials is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2400 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Photoelectrochemical cell
- Surface passivation
- Defect engineering
- Local surface plasmonic resonance
- Electronic structures
- Atomic structures