Special Issue "Nanofibers and Their Applications in Energy, Biomedical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, and Sensing"
A special issue of Nanomaterials (ISSN 2079-4991).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (15 June 2020).
Interests: nanofibers; electrospinning; polymers; nanosensors; composites; advanced nanomaterials
The utilization of nanofibers in technologies for a wide array of applications continues to represent both an important area of fundamental academic interest and commercial research. We invite authors to contribute original research articles or comprehensive review articles covering the most recent progress and new developments in the design and utilization of nanofibers for novel devices and fundamental studies relevant to applications in energy, biomedical engineering, environmental engineering, and sensing. This Special Issue aims to cover a broad range of subjects, from nanofiber synthesis to the design and characterization of nanofiber devices and technologies for a number of applications. The format of welcomed articles includes full papers, communications, and reviews. Potential topics include but are not limited to the following:
- Preparation and characterization of nanofibers;
- Novel methodologies for alignment, patterning, and scale-up of nanofibers;
- Techniques for the improvement of nanofiber sensing properties;
- Nanofiber-based composites for sensing applications;
- Nanofibers for in vitro and in vivo sensing applications;
- Applications of nanofibers as biomaterials and biomedical sensors;
- Natural nanofiber applications;
- Applications of nanofibers associated with renewable energy and sustainability;
- Theoretical investigations on the preparation or applications of nanofibers;
- Applications of nanofibers associated with environmental remediation and detection;
- Prospects on advances, opportunities, and challenges of nanofiber applications.
Prof. Dr. Evan K. Wujcik
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Nanomaterials is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 2000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Wearable sensors
- Textiles engineering
- Tissue engineering
- Nanofiber sensors
- Energy applications
- Environmental applications
- Biomedical applications