Journal Menu► ▼ Journal Menu
Journal Browser► ▼ Journal Browser
A section of Medicina (ISSN 1648-9144).
Dentistry has a solid scientific and technological background, with many innovations in techniques and technology having been achieved in the 20th century. Interestingly, the 21st century has also seen various developments related to dentistry, though these have been closely related to medicine.
Research in the field of dentistry has benefitted immensely from recent biotechnological and biomedical advances. As biomedical techniques evolve, biomedical knowledge on several aspects of diagnosis and treatments also grows rapidly and contributes to the improvement of human health. Cell-to-cell interaction, microbiome, genetic, and environmental factors have been demonstrated to play a role in several complex diseases, including dental pathologies, and understanding these conditions at the cellular or subcellular levels is mandatory for a modern approach to dental sciences. Salivary tests have also recently been developed to measure genetic susceptibility to periodontal diseases, and this has allowed us to heal periodontal tissue using customized therapies. Nevertheless, dental tissue engineering has linked dental stem cells and biomimetic scaffold technologies to the development of the modern concept of regenerative dentistry, which is now able to treat dental issues, such as shallow dentin defects, bone substitutes, remineralization of the tooth surface, and biofilm destruction.
The Section “Dentistry” of the journal Medicina is aimed at the dissemination of top-quality science in the field of oral health, oral pathology, oral regeneration, oral repair, oral rehabilitation, and translational medicine. Contributions on these and related topics are welcomed, including original research articles and full or mini-reviews, commentaries, breakthrough articles, brief communications, and invited editorials. We also very much welcome papers from postdocs, PhD students, and young researchers.
Topical Advisory Panel
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Oral Psychophysiology: Stress, Pain, and Behavior in Dental Care (Deadline: 10 June 2023)
- Experimental and Clinical Researches in Oral Medicine (Deadline: 20 June 2023)
- Nickel-Titanium Rotary Instruments in Endodontics (Deadline: 30 June 2023)
- Outcome of Minimally Invasive Techniques in Dentistry (Deadline: 12 July 2023)
- Dental Sciences and Potential Biomarkers (Deadline: 20 July 2023)
- Dentistry: A Multidisciplinary Approach (Deadline: 30 July 2023)
- Updates in Orthognathic Treatment (Deadline: 31 July 2023)
- Guided Bone Regeneration in Oral Surgery (Deadline: 31 July 2023)
- Clinical Advances in Dentoalveolar Surgery (Deadline: 30 September 2023)
- Advances in Research on Oral and Periodontal Surgery, Biomaterials, and Oral Disease Management (Deadline: 30 September 2023)
- Updates on Caries Management in the Primary and Permanent Dentition (Deadline: 20 October 2023)
- Evolving Concepts in Implant Dentistry (Deadline: 1 November 2023)
- Advances in Oral Surgery and Implant Dentistry (Deadline: 10 December 2023)
- Temporomandibular Disorders: Current and Future Concepts in Diagnosis and Management (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Recent Advances in Periodontics and Dental Implantology: Part II (Deadline: 31 January 2024)
- Recent Advances in Dental Implants and Oral Health (Deadline: 31 January 2024)
- Modern Therapeutic Approaches in Endodontics and Restorative Dentistry (Deadline: 11 August 2024)
Following topical collection within this section is currently open for submissions: