Special Issue "Advanced Coding and Stochastic Signal Processing in Dense Communication Networks"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 28 February 2022.
Interests: coding and information theory; stochastic signal processing; iterative and cooperative algorithms on graphs; estimation theory; physical layer network coding
Advanced coding and stochastic signal processing are key enabling techniques for reliable communications in dense, highly interfering wireless communication networks. The dense networks are defined as multi-node/user wireless network scenarios where mutual signal interaction is a predominant limiting factor. This situation requires that the coding and processing fully exploits the knowledge of the interaction structure and form, together with the network topology, and uses it proactively in the distributed processing algorithms on all network nodes. Frequently, these communication networks are used as a part of some control or sensing network data-processing algorithm or physical device/machinery control loop.
This Special Issue focusses on advances in the following areas:
- Coding and processing for interference-limited dense wireless networks;
- Network coding, physical-layer network coding, and relaying technique;
- Channel and network state estimation and sensing for multi-node dense networks;
- Distributed and cooperative algorithms on graphs;
- Machine learning approaches for dense network coding and processing;
- Network coding aided by active and smart meta-surfaces;
- Low-latency and ultra-reliable communication;
- Coding and processing for Non-Orthogonal Multiple Access channel;
- Coding and processing for weakly defined channel, network and node state information;
- Joint design of coding/processing and control and/or data-sensing network algorithms over an unreliable dense network.
Prof. Dr. Jan Sykora
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Mathematics is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1800 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Network coding
- Physical layer network coding
- Channel and network state estimation
- Sensing for multi-node dense networks
- Distributed and cooperative algorithms on graphs
- Machine learning approaches for dense network coding and processing
- Non-Orthogonal Multiple Access channel
- Weakly-defined channel, network and node state information
- Data sensing network algorithms