A section of Journal of Personalized Medicine (ISSN 2075-4426).
This Section of the Journal of Personalized Medicine seeks to publish high-quality, peer-reviewed, and evidence-based contributions that advance the area of personalized medicine in connection to epidemiology. Epidemiology is defined as the scientific, methodical, and data-driven study of the distribution and determinants of health-related states and occurrences (not only illnesses) in defined populations. Epidemiology is a cornerstone of public health, shaping policy choices and evidence-based practice by identifying disease risk factors and preventative healthcare priorities.
The topics of interest, with a view toward personalized medicine, include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Illness causation: an essential topic in biomedical disciplines; strong etiological explanations are required in order to establish treatment methods in medicine and public health initiatives.
- Transmission of diseases: the transmission of a pathogen responsible for communicable illness from an infected host individual or group to a specific individual or group.
- Investigation of disease outbreak: identifying the cause of a disease.
- Disease surveillance: an information-based activity that entails the collecting, analysis, and interpretation of massive amounts of data from many sources.
- Environmental epidemiology: determining how environmental exposures impact human health.
- Forensic epidemiology: establishing evidence-based probabilistic judgments regarding the kind and magnitude of causal relationship between a prior harmful exposure and a resulting injury or illness in both groups and individuals.
- Occupational epidemiology: characterizing occupational illnesses and determining their fundamental causes.
- Screening of diseases: the use of a medical treatment or test on patients who do not yet have symptoms of a certain disease in order to determine their chance of getting the ailment.
- Biomonitoring: the measurement of environmental chemicals and/or their metabolites in biological media, such as blood or urine.
- Comparisons of treatment effects, such as in clinical trials.
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Personalized Understanding and Management of Asthma and Allergy (Deadline: 31 May 2022)
- Diagnosis, Treatment and Prognosis of Cardiovascular Disease (Deadline: 10 June 2022)
- Prevention and Management of Oral Healthcare (Deadline: 20 June 2022)
- Cancer Challenges during COVID-19 Pandemic (Deadline: 30 June 2022)
- Personalized Medicine in Cardiovascular Diseases (Deadline: 30 June 2022)
- Precision Nutrition as a Medicine in Disease Prevention and Management (Deadline: 31 August 2022)
- Personalized Medicine in Epidemics 2.0 (Deadline: 31 August 2022)
- Personalized Medicine and Management of COVID-19 (Deadline: 31 August 2022)
- Cardiovascular Disease Risk Stratification in the Era of Machine Learning and Personalized Medicine (Deadline: 30 September 2022)
- Novel Advance in COVID-19 and Neuroscience (Deadline: 15 October 2022)
- Epidemiology: An Important Science of Public Health and Disease (Deadline: 31 October 2022)
- Cutting Edge of Research of COVID-19 and Personalized Medicine (Deadline: 31 October 2022)