Special Issue "Cyberspace Security, Privacy & Forensics"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (15 November 2020) | Viewed by 14068
Our society has witnessed an unparalleled increase in computer power through advances in both hardware and software. With this, the adversary is crafting attacks of unprecedented sophistication, some of which have well demonstrated their capabilities to cripple not just business enterprises but entire nations. To further complicate matters, the continuing adoption of cloud-computing infrastructure by businesses large and small and the proliferation of the Internet of Things (IoT), is leading to the rapid disappearance of traditional boundaries of IT infrastructure.
This Special Issue (SI) aims at bringing together works of critical importance and timeliness in the broad areas of security, forensics, and privacy in computing and communications systems. This SI welcomes manuscripts on all aspects of the modelling, design, implementation, deployment, and management of security, forensics and privacy algorithms, protocols, architectures, and systems. Researchers are encouraged to submit original papers covering novel and scientifically significant works in security, forensics, and privacy.
Some topics of interest include:
- Anonymous communication
- Applications of cryptography
- Artificial intelligence for security and privacy
- Attack, detection and prevention
- Authentication protocols and key management
- Automated security analysis of source code and binaries
- Autonomous vehicle security
- Availability and survivability of secure services and systems
- Biometric security: technologies, risks, vulnerabilities, bio-cryptography
- Blockchain security and privacy
- Cloud, data center and distributed systems security
- Computer and network forensics
- Digital rights management
- Embedded systems security
- Fog computing security and privacy
- Formal trust models, security modelling, and design of secure protocols
- Information hiding techniques
- Internet of Things security and privacy
- Malware detection and analysis
- Machine learning for security and privacy
- Memory forensics
- Network security – 5G, sensors, MANETs
- Operating systems and application security
- Physical security and hardware/software security
- Privacy-enhancing technologies and anonymity
- Privacy in communications networks
- Security in SCADA networks
- Security and privacy in healthcare systems
- Security in cyber-physical Systems
- Security tools for communication and information systems
- Security –Web, Mobile, Cloud, etc.
- Vulnerability assessment and exploitation
The above topic list is not meant to be exhaustive; this SI is interested in all aspects of computing and communications systems security, forensics, and privacy. Papers without a clear application to security, forensics or privacy, however, will be considered out of scope and may be rejected without full review. If you are uncertain wheather your research/paper topic aligns with the objectives of this SI, please contact the Guest Editor.
Avinash Srinivasan, Ph.D., CEH, CHFI
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All submissions that pass pre-check are peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Information is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1400 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.