Special Issue "Photovoltaic and Wind Energy Conversion Systems"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (30 June 2019).
In the first decades of the current millennium, the contribution of photovoltaic and wind energy systems to power generation capacity has grown extraordinarily all around the world; in some countries, these systems have become two of the most relevant sources to meet the needs of energy supply. This Special Issue deals with all aspects of the development, implementation, and exploitation of systems and installations that operate with both sources of energy. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Power electronic converters in photovoltaic and wind energy conversion systems.
- The modelling, control, and simulation of photovoltaic and wind energy conversion systems.
- Storage systems integrated in wind and photovoltaic plants.
- The impact of wind and photovoltaic plants on power quality.
- The provision of ancillary services to improve the stability, robustness, and security of the grid.
- The planning and operation of photovoltaic and wind power systems.
- Sensors, communications, and data analytics that manage power generation in photovoltaic and wind energy conversion systems.
Prof. Emilio Figueres
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Energies is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1800 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- power electronics
- photovoltaic systems
- wind energy
- energy storage systems
- grid-supporting operation
- power quality