Special Issue "Distributed Computing and Storage"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 March 2019
Dr. Mingyue Ji
Communication and Computing (C^3) Lab, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, College of Engineering, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Website | E-Mail
Interests: information theory; caching networks; storage; communication theory and signal processing; distributed computing
The field of Distributed Computing and Storage (DCS) covers all aspects of computing and data access across multiple processing units connected by any form of communication network. In recent years, DCS systems have emerged as a revolutionary paradigm that provide a more flexible, reliable and better cost and have more computational power compared to centralized computing and storage systems. Moreover, as the development of wireless edge network, edge DCS systems, which provide real-time or near real-time data analysis, lower operating costs, reduced network traffic load, and better security and privacy, are also attracted significant attentions.
This Special Issue seeks papers on seminal work done to bring fundamental limits, evaluate emerging trends and current technological developments and to discuss future design principles of general DCS and edge DCS systems. Topics of interest for the Special Issue include, but are not limited to, the following list:
- Fundamental limits in DCS systems
- New design in coded DCS systems
- Networking in DCS systems
- Performance analysis and optimizations in DCS systems
- System software and middleware design of DCS systems
- Network function virtualization for large scale DCS systems
- Big data analytics in DCS systems
- Wireless (edge) distributed computing applications
- Incentive models or techniques for the applications of edge DCS systems
- Security and privacy issues in DCS systems
- Simulation and emulation platform for edge DCS systems
- Algorithms and techniques for computation offloading in edge DCS paradigm
- Physical layer communications and networking in edge DCS systems
- Machine learning and optimization in DCS systems
- Distributed and parallel computing in modeling and simulation
Dr. Mingyue Ji
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Electronics is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 850 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.