Special Issue "Blockchain as a New Trigger in the Education Arena"
A special issue of European Journal of Investigation in Health, Psychology and Education (ISSN 2254-9625).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 28 February 2021.
Interests: public policy; innovation; higher education; intellectual capital
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
Interests: human resource management; occupational health psychology; organisational environments; high education pedagogy
Interests: intellectual capital; knowledge management; strategy; new technologies; healthcare
Guest Editor Assistant
Interests: blockchain; accounting; data quality; healthcare
Blockchain technology application to education has brought forth a new world of possibilities for all the actors in this sector. In this context, this Special Issue aims to discuss new research and trends on all dimensions of Blockchain applied to education.
This Special Issue will provide a global forum for the investigation and reporting of diverse issues that affect the application of Blockchain to education: innovations in the learning processes, new avenues for education managers, and new learning contexts.
Original research contributions are solicited, and authors are invited to contribute with research papers, case studies ,and demonstrations that present original scientific results—specifically, case studies about blockchain applications to education, empirical studies in education regarding the use of blockchain technologies, new educational management systems, new evaluation techniques and tools, and blockchain learning best practices.
Dr. Maria José Sousa
Dr. Sónia P. Gonçalves
Dr. Francesca Dal Mas
Mr. Davide Calandra
- Chen, G.; Xu, B.; Lu, M.; Chen, N.-S. Exploring blockchain technology and its potential applications for Education. Smart Learn. Environ. 2018, 1(5), 1. doi:10.118640561-017-0050-x
- Collins, R. Blockchain: A new architecture for digital content. EContent (Wilton, Conn.), 2016, 8(39), 22–23.
- Greenspan, G. Ending the bitcoin vs. blockchain debate - Is there any value in a blockchain without a cryptocurrency? MultiChain blog. 2015. Available online at: https:// multichain.com/blog/2015/07/bitcoin-vs-blockchain-debate/
- Kosba, A.; Miller, A.; Shi, E.; Wen, Z.; Papamanthou, C. Hawk: The blockchain model of cryptography and privacy-preserving smart contracts. Secur. Priv. 2016, 839-858.
- Machado, A.; Sousa, M.J.; Pereira, F. Applications of blockchain technology to education policy. Wseas Trans. Inf. Sci. Appl., 2019, (16), 157-163.
- Neilson, D.; Hara, M. I. Bitcoin forensics: A tutorial. global security, safety and sustainability - the security challenges of the connected world. Springer International. 2016.
- Sharples, M.; Domingue, J. The blockchain and kudos: a distributed system for educational record, reputation, and reward. Open Res. Online, 2016, 40-46.
- Sousa, MJ; Machado, A. Blockchain technology reshaping education: contributions for policy in blockchain technology applications in education. IGI-Global. 2020.
- Xianmin, Y.; Xin L.; Huanqing, W.; Keyun, Z. Application model and realistic challenge of blockchain technology in education. Mod. Distance Educ. Res. 2017, (2), 34-45.
- Yifu, J. Blockchain + education demand analysis and technical framework. China. Educ. Tech. 2017, 368, 62–69.
- Yuan, Y.; Fei-Yue, W. Blockchain: the state of the art and future trends. Acta Autom. Sin. 2016, 42(4), 481–494.
- Zheng, Z.; Xie, S.; Dai, H.; Chen, X.; Wang, H. An overview of blockchain technology: architecture, consensus, and future trends. IEEE 6th Int. Congr. Big Data, BigData Congr., 2017, 557–564. doi: 10.1109/BigDataCongress.2017.85
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. European Journal of Investigation in Health, Psychology and Education is an international peer-reviewed open access quarterly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- Blockchain in education
- Public policy for Blockchain use in education
- Blockchain impacts in educational actors
- Blockchain use in educational management systems
- Blockchain use as a new learning methodology
- Blockchain trends in education