Travel Award 2020 (800 CHF)
We are pleased to announce a Travel Award that will allow junior scientists to attend an international conference of their choice in 2020. The applications will be assessed by an Evaluation Committee chaired by the Editor-in-Chiefs.
- The applicant must be a PhD student or a postdoctoral fellow.
- The candidate should provide an active registration certificate at a university or a letter from the supervisor on his/her scholar status.
- The applicant must present his/her own original work as an oral or poster presentation at the conference for which he/she has been awarded.
Required Application Documents:
- An abstract that will be submitted to the conference being held in 2020 (conference format is acceptable).
- An updated Curriculum Vitae.
- A justification letter for the choice of the conference and costs.
- A letter of support from their mentor/institution for the remaining cost if applicable.
The Awards will consist of 800 Swiss Francs for each awardee and may be used for registration, travel, or accommodation. The awardee must provide a copy of the page in the conference program showing the abstract/ presentation and meeting badge after attending the conference.
Application materials of candidates should be submitted via the following link: https://www.mdpi.com/journal/asi/awards. We welcome nominations and applications for this award by 31 December 2019. The winners will be announced by the end of February 2020.
Travel Award 2019
Applied System Innovation 2019 Travel Award - Winner
Dear Colleagues, Fellows and Trainees:
As Associate Editor-in-Chief of Applied System Innovation (ASI), it is my immense pleasure to announce the winners of the 2019 Travel Award sponsored by ASI.
I take the opportunity to express my gratitude to all applicants for their interest in this competition as well as to our Selection Committees for their incredible involvement in this difficult task. We had many impressive dossiers for this award from all over the world and selecting ONE Follow among them was a very difficult task.
Dr. Hamidreza Mahyar a postdoctoral researcher at the Vienna University of Technology is the ASI 2019 Travel Award winner. Please join me to congratulate him for his achievement. He will receive 800 Swiss Francs towards the participation in the following international conference:
- He will present his work entitled “Generative Models for Semiconductor Wafer Maps” at the “33rd Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems” which will be held on 8-14 December 2019 in Vancouver, Canada
ASI is very proud to support young scientists and looks forward to receive more applications for 2020 Travel Award including those that could not be awarded this time.
Prof. Dr. Shoou-Jinn Chang
Associate Editor-in-Chief of ASI
President of TIKI
Department of Electrical Engineering
National Cheng Kung University