Water Use and Scarcity
A section of Water (ISSN 2073-4441).
The section of Water Use and Scarcity publishes research articles and critical reviews on a broad set of topics related to water use and scarcity, including water allocation and use; water footprint assessment of products, companies or regions; water scarcity; water consumption and pollution along supply chains; virtual water trade; international water dependencies; water security; sustainability of water use; equitability of water use; water use efficiency; irrigation efficiency; water productivity; corporate water disclosure and stewardship; water risk; water recycling and reuse; water storage reservoirs; rainwater harvesting; river basin closure; groundwater depletion; drought management; drinking water supply and sanitation; industrial water use; crop water use; effects of contaminated water on health; waterborne diseases; water and poverty; water constraints to growth.
Topical Advisory Panel
Following special issues within this section are currently open for submissions:
- Ensuring Safe Drinking Water (Deadline: 15 November 2023)
- Innovative Strategies and Management Practices for Improving Product Quality and Resource Use Efficiency in Agriculture (Deadline: 20 November 2023)
- Water Use in a Thirsty World: Towards Sustainable Consumption and Production Using the Water Footprint (Deadline: 20 December 2023)
- Effects of Irrigation Management Practices on Growth, Yield and Fruit Quality of Horticultural and Fruit Crops in a Context of Water Scarcity (Deadline: 31 December 2023)
- Water Sustainability and High-Quality Economic Development (Deadline: 20 January 2024)
- Water Security, Water Economics and the Evolution of Water Consumption (Deadline: 20 January 2024)
- Optimization of Irrigation Water Use Efficiency (Deadline: 20 January 2024)
- Water Supply System Reliability, Safety and Risk Modelling & Assessment, Volume II (Deadline: 20 February 2024)