17–21 October 2022, Taichung, Taiwan
INTERPRAEVENT International Symposium 2022
INTERPRAEVENT 2022 will be held in October 2022 in Taichung, Taiwan. The symposium is organized by the Soil and Water Conservation Bureau, Council of Agriculture, Executive Yuan (Taiwan), jointly with the Chinese Soil and Water Conservation Society (Taiwan) and the National Chung Hsing University (Taiwan), with the main topic “Nature Disaster Occurrence, Reduction and Restoration in Mountain Regions”. In the symposium, the INTERPRAEVENT society will address natural hazards from the aspects of investigating the phenomena, monitoring occurrences, analyzing risks, strengthening governance, increasing resilience, mitigating disasters, restoring impacted communities and enhancing preparedness. The aspects are converged into the following sessions (see below).
- Disasters caused by dam–lake outbursts and driftwood, debris/mud flows;
- Disasters caused by landslides and rockslides;
- Disasters caused by seasonal floods and surface erosions;
- The relationships between natural hazards and climate change;
- Strategy from natural disasters to restoration;
- Stream ecosystem services and nature-based solutions;
- Disaster-resilient community and rural regeneration.
The symposium has teamed up with a Special Issue of Water entitled “Natural Disaster Occurrence, Reduction and Restoration in Mountain Regions”. (https://www.mdpi.com/journal/water/special_issues/disasters_restoration_landslides)
Firstly, the oral presenters (excluding the invited lectures) must submit manuscripts to the SI of Water; if accepted, the papers can be published in Water and collected in INTERPRAEVENT Proceedings.