Special Issue "Sustainable Place Making and Urban Governance"
A special issue of Urban Science (ISSN 2413-8851).
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 December 2018)
Prof. Dr. Michael Peter Smith
This is a Special Issue of high quality papers (original research articles or comprehensive review papers) in open access format, by the Editorial Board Members, or the Guest Editors, of Urban Science. Papers will be published, free of charge, after peer review. The topics include, but are not limited to, the following items:
- urban and regional economic and political development
- urban environmental and resource controversies
- urban policy and governance
- urban sprawl and redevelopment
- urbanism and suburbanism as ways of life
- urban geography, land use, transport and mobility
- landscape and urban wilderness
- infrastructure, the built environment, and housing
- community formation in cities
- urban culture
- rural development
- the costs and benefits of tourism
- globalization and local development
- neighborhood sustainability
- urban sustainability, assessment, planning, design, and development
- place making
Prof. Dr. Michael Smith
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Urban Science is an international peer-reviewed open access quarterly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) is waived for well-prepared manuscripts submitted to this issue. Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.