Special Issue "International Freight Transport & Logistics"
Deadline for manuscript submissions: closed (31 May 2019).
This Special Issue of Sustainability invites contributions on the sustainability of international freight transport and logistics. Submitted papers should adhere to the journal’s editorial policies. Topics include, but are not limited to, the following topics:
- The measurement, accounting and reporting of environmental footprints of international freight transportation and logistics. Topics on standardization, footprint allocation, carbon price, and incentives are in scope here as well;
- The design, planning, and execution of environmentally-friendly modes of freight transport on networks, including multimodal transport and electric transport;
- Transport means that makes use of renewable fuels;
- Business models of sustainable transport, for example of green transport services;
- LCA analyses of international transport and logistics systems, for example, maritime vessel fleets;
- Energy systems with particular focus on international transport and logistics, for example reefer container systems.
Prof. Dr. R.A. Zuidwijk
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process. A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Sustainability is an international peer-reviewed open access semimonthly journal published by MDPI.
Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open access journal is 1900 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use good English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
- International freight transportation and logistics
- Environmental footprint
- Multimodal freight transport
- Energy systems of international freight transport and logistics
- Renewable fuels
- Standardization of environmental footprint measurement, accounting, and reporting